Alpha server reset

Anything related to MV3D.

Moderator: SirGolan

Alpha server reset

Postby SirGolan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:34 pm

Last night, I fixed some remaining bugs that were preventing MV3D servers from working properly with directory and login services that were remote. Now that they're fixed, I can set up my new (to me) Dell Power Edge server to be the master Account / Directory server for MV3D and have the demo server point to it. However, that does mean moving all the accounts registered on the current demo server over to the new server (which I've already done). It also means that I'll have to rebuild the demo world and consequently PCs created on the alpha server will disappear. I'm hoping this will be the last time I have to do this.

What does this get us? Well, there will be a free asset repository available to all MV3D servers for one. Some of my next tasks involve making real modules for the in game editor. This will mean that the world on the alpha test server will start looking nicer.

Anyway, the real point of this post is that I'll be taking the alpha server offline a few times this week and when it's completely back, you'll have to recreate your PCs.

Mike
SirGolan
Site Admin

Re: Alpha server reset

Postby SirGolan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:41 am

This should be all set now. I've only been able to test from within my network here, so if there are any troubles getting on externally, let me know.
SirGolan
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion