Help Test The New Windows Installer

Anything related to MV3D.

Moderator: SirGolan

Re: Help Test The New Windows Installer

Postby SirGolan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:31 pm

Hey,

There is definitely something up with the sky-- the clouds are missing. I think I messed something up when creating the world. I should be able to fix it pretty quickly. Looks like I just missed you:

Code: Select all
2008-12-20 17:13:39-0500 [-] server polyfractal leaves the game.
2008-12-20 17:13:39-0500 [Broker,11] chat SirGolan says 'Hey..'.

The camera going crazy after creating a new character and logging in the first time is a known issue. Disconnecting and reconnecting should fix it. What sort of FPS were you getting? I see between 60 and 70 on my GeForce 8600.
SirGolan
Site Admin

Postby polyfractal » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:42 pm

Around 5 FPS. I also noticed the Python window is throwing a lot of errors (which might be the cause of the low FPS):

2008-12-20 17:41:45-0500 [-] OgreInvalidParametersException: OGRE EXCEPTION(2:):
Parameter called time does not exist. in GpuProgramParameters::_findNamedConst
antDefinition at ..\src\OgreGpuProgram.cpp (line 883)

Also appears to be missing "cube.mesh" which threw a few errors at loadup

Edit: I played around a bit with the ATI Control panel and forced VSync off. This bumped my FPS up to around 16. I'm guessing MV3D forces VSync, and together with my crappy laptop video card, results in a forced 5 FPS.
polyfractal

Postby SirGolan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:55 am

Hey,

So, I don't know the specs of the ATI Radeon Mobility gfx card off the top of my head, but I can say that 16FPS is about what I get on most of the laptops I have around here that have standard laptop gfx cards in them. If you look in the client.conf file, you'll see an option under the Graphics heading for VSync. It should be turned off by default. You may want to adjust those settings or turn the "optionsWindow" to "True" which will let you adjust them every time you run the client.

The cube issue is similar to the sky issue-- user error on my part. I just haven't gotten around to correcting it on the demo server just yet.

Mike
SirGolan
Site Admin

Postby polyfractal » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:22 am

Great, thanks! The ATI Mobility card is nothing fantastic, so this isn't unexpected. I turned down the resolution to lowest and can hit about 26 FPS windowed.
polyfractal

Previous

Return to General Discussion