Breaking the APIs and data.

Anything related to MV3D.

Moderator: SirGolan

Breaking the APIs and data.

Postby SirGolan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:14 am

I've started working on refactoring the redundancy and load balancing code in MV3D. This is definitely going to break some APIs and persisted data. I can go the extra step of adding in automatic (or manual) converters for the data if anyone has data stored in a MV3D datastore that they want to keep. However, I don't know that anyone does. So here's your chance. Unless I hear that this will negatively affect anyone, I'll be breaking the APIs and persisted data. I'll have to wipe the alpha server when I switch to this. Anyway, let me know now, or don't yell at me when things break. :)

Though let me say that this has not been an easy process, so it could take a while before it is ready. On the other hand, this is the last major breakage I have planned. Once this is in place, the API and datastore should be relatively stable. If they have to change, I should be able to provide a migration path. I already have a migration for some of the changes I've made, just doing that the rest will probably double the development time.
SirGolan
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion