Python ogre problem

Problems, questions, anything else related to the MV3D client.

Moderator: SirGolan

Python ogre problem

Postby jhamel » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi all,
first of all, we are very interested to use mv3d for our project. We have only this "little Client" Problem. So, here the questions and we hope, that you can help us:

To install python-ogre on linux is a pain in the ass !!! So, can we use the Viewer(client) without ogre? I installed all on Ubuntu natty without python ogre, but the client will use it.( I setup the renderer to use Panda3d) But I thought, that we can only use Panda3d, is that possible or is ogre needet for all client viewer ?

Have someone expierence to use the Browser Plugin from Panda3d ?

Bye
Juergen
jhamel

Re: Python ogre problem

Postby SirGolan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi jhamel, and welcome!

I think you are running into the same problem as this post. All the MV3D developers have Panda and Ogre installed for testing both but that had the unfortunate side effect of some stray imports of Ogre in the client which cause Panda mode not to work.

The short story is that I'll have a fix for it tonight (eastern time zone). If you want to try it now, you are welcome to switch to my branch. I was basically testing it last night when I ran out of time.

The branch is /branches/751-visualogre. I'll update this thread when that branch is merged to trunk. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't be later tonight.

Thanks,

Mike
SirGolan
Site Admin

Postby SirGolan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:05 am

This should be fixed in trunk now. Terrain and tri-mesh colliders are also functional!

Enjoy!

Mike
SirGolan
Site Admin

Postby jhamel » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:09 am

Hi ,
First of all, thank you for your help.
The branch 751-visualogre works a lot better. I can start the Client, choose the panda player. Then comes a little error, it cannont find the ground.egg. I copy from the panda dir the environment.egg to ~/.mv3d/Extern/Group0/models/ground.egg, that solve the problem.
now I see a white shadow of a girl at a green bamboo garden :-)
some keys works, some not, so for example the tab key:
Code: Select all
 File "/home/jhamel/mv3d/751-visualogre/mv3d/client/ui/directguide.py", line 1495, in <lambda>
       self.accept(mod + key + suffix, lambda: self._onKey(key, direction))
     File "/home/jhamel/mv3d/751-visualogre/mv3d/client/ui/directguide.py", line 1502, in _onKey
       context._onKey(key, direction)
     File "/home/jhamel/mv3d/751-visualogre/mv3d/client/ui/directguide.py", line 1412, in _onKey
       cback(direction)
     File "/home/jhamel/mv3d/751-visualogre/mv3d/client/ui/player.py", line 353, in worldEditor
       from mv3d.client.ui.editor import TopLevelEditor
     File "/home/jhamel/mv3d/751-visualogre/mv3d/client/ui/editor.py", line 12, in <module>
       from mv3d.client.ui.layout import (
     File "/home/jhamel/mv3d/751-visualogre/mv3d/client/ui/layout.py", line 14, in <module>
       from ogre.renderer import OGRE
   exceptions.ImportError: No module named ogre.renderer

Then I read your message, that it is now also at the trunk folder of the svn, I updated there to 1695. But that seems not to work, I get this error below.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   Failure: mv3d.util.conductor.RemoteException: mv3d.util.conductor.RemoteException: twisted.internet.defer.FirstError: FirstError[#4, [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>: global name 'ogre' is not defined
   /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/spread/pb.py:826:proto_message
   /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/spread/pb.py:840:_recvMessage
   /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/spread/flavors.py:213:remoteMessageReceived
   /misc/Projekte/py3d-worlds/mv3d/mv3d/net/client.py:552:view_readyClass
   --- <exception caught here> ---
   /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:133:maybeDeferred
   /misc/Projekte/py3d-worlds/mv3d/mv3d/util/classgen.py:294:readyJellyFor
   /misc/Projekte/py3d-worlds/mv3d/mv3d/util/classgen.py:240:getConstructor
   /misc/Projekte/py3d-worlds/mv3d/mv3d/util/classgen.py:275:getConstructor_construct
   /misc/Projekte/py3d-worlds/mv3d/mv3d/client/view/realm.py:18:<module>
   /misc/Projekte/py3d-worlds/mv3d/mv3d/client/ui/ogre3d.py:56:<module>
   /misc/Projekte/py3d-worlds/mv3d/mv3d/client/ui/ogre3d.py:39:getOgreVersion
   ]]

Thank you again and I wish you a nice day.

bye
Juergen
jhamel

Postby SirGolan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Hmm.. This is odd. I'm looking at the code and don't see how it could get to that point. I'm in the process of getting a Linux VM set up for testing this stuff. I have a ton of Linux boxes here, but they're all in use as servers, so I don't want to install X on them. I'll let you know what I find!

Sorry for all the issues. There hasn't been a lot of testing running Panda in Linux as I'm sure you can tell. Hopefully I can get them all resolved this weekend.

Thanks,

Mike
SirGolan
Site Admin

Postby jhamel » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi ,
Please, work not to hard, it is not so important at this time. My team has next time to discuss the programming with mv3d and I think, we will use it. So, mostly all works very good and the panda client is new, some little errors are ok, really.

For now, I inspect the code and how we can use it at our project.

If we use this Framework we can test a lot with Linux, most of us have Linux PC'S.

I thank you for this big help and I wish you a nice Weekend.

Bye
Juergen
jhamel

Postby SirGolan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:58 am

Hi Juergen,

I'm glad to hear you'll likely be using MV3D!

If you update SVN, you'll have fixes for all the problems. I was able to log in on the client using Panda on Linux. One thing to note, you'll want to recreate the demo world since I had to change a few things. You'll also need to delete your asset cache as well. You can do that with the following commands (make sure the server is stopped):

$ rm -rf ~/.mv3d/store
$ rm -rf ~/.mv3d/Extern/Group0

It looks like all the tools are working as well except there was a problem with the world building tool. Everything worked except you couldn't control the camera with the keyboard. I've opened a ticket for that, but it may not get fixed until after this release.

Thanks,

Mike
SirGolan
Site Admin

Postby unkier » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:35 am

thanks Mike ! Finally it works properly :)
it is time to dig deeper :) i will try to add some content in to the world
unkier

Postby jhamel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:56 am

Hi,
sorry for so much trouble :-( . I tried it out and this happens, as I update to svn 7001:
First time I saw a coloured girl with grey background, nothing else. And I see a lot of errors at the server side. So I remove on the server the ~/.mv3d directory and restart the server, initialize and restart. From now on all the same: I can't login with the client, I set it up to different server, different passwords, I downgrade step by step the svn from 7001 to 6994 , nothing.
on client I see this:
[HTTPPageGetter,client] Starting factory <HTTPClientFactory: https://login.cuonsim2.de:8080/service/>
2011-07-18 10:14:01+0200 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Stopping factory <HTTPClientFactory: https://login.cuonsim2.de:8080/service/>
2011-07-18 10:14:02+0200 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Unhandled Error
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 542, in _runCallbacks
       current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1076, in gotResult
       _inlineCallbacks(r, g, deferred)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1018, in _inlineCallbacks
       result = result.throwExceptionIntoGenerator(g)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/failure.py", line 349, in throwExceptionIntoGenerator
       return g.throw(self.type, self.value, self.tb)
   --- <exception caught here> ---
     File "/misc/Projekte/py3d-worlds/MV/mv3d/client/state.py", line 67, in onLogin
       self.client.svc = yield self.client.conductor.getService(service)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1018, in _inlineCallbacks
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/failure.py", line 349, in throwExceptionIntoGenerator
     File "/misc/Projekte/py3d-worlds/MV/mv3d/net/client.py", line 748, in getService
       pws = yield self.getTempPasswords(sl)
   exceptions.TypeError: exceptions must be classes, or instances, not str

2011-07-18 10:14:02+0200 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Stopping factory <HTTPClientFactory: https://login.cuonsim2.de:8080/service/>

And on server side I see an error at accout.py line 958, UnauthozizedLogin ("invalid Credentials")

Perhaps you can see what is wrong now, and if you wish, you can try to login to that, the server is cuonsim2.de, user admin and password pass. Perhaps we can then see if the error is on the server or client side.
My servers are running all on Ubuntu Lucid, but my client is running on Ubuntu Natty ( client has python2.7.1+ , servers running python 2.6.5)

bye
Juergen
jhamel

Postby SirGolan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:35 am

That's an error you'd get if you hadn't re-initialized the server. I just quickly tried logging in to the login service of your server here: https://cuonsim2.de:8080/ and got a login failure with admin/pass. I suspect you need to hit initialize again. I can connect up with Overseer a bit later if you still haven't gotten it working, but for now I've got to run.

The "TypeError: exceptions must be classes, or instances, not str" is due to a bug in Twisted that's been fixed in their trunk. Remote error messages always come up as that in Python 2.6+. After their next release, it should make it into Ubuntu I'm guessing.

Thanks,

Mike
SirGolan
Site Admin

Return to Client Software